1. Co-Diagnostics (NASDAQ:CODX) had an exceptional day on Wednesday. I have been telling you that this swing was ready to take off and it did. Once it got through the level around 13-13 1/2, it popped, stalled, and then on Wednesday it exploded 6.42, or 38%, to 23.42, after reaching a multi-week and session high of 23.50, on 21.3 million shares traded. It was up an additional 3.33 to 26.75 in after-hours. It looks like it might accelerate here. I want to see if it will run up to the high 30’s, low 40’s next.
2. Inovio Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:INO) extended its move for the fourth day in a row on Wednesday, gaining 47 cents, or 3.64%, to 13.37, with a session high of 13.85, on 38.6 million shares traded, and another 11 cents in after-hours. It looks to me like it’s going to make a run at the 16-16 1/2 range short term.
3. Progyny, (NASDAQ:PGNY), company specializing in fertility and family building management and benefits solution, broke out of a base on Wednesday with a breakaway gap and soared 5.64, or 27.5%, to 26.13, with a session high of 27.49, on 5.2 million shares traded, and another 27 cents in after-hours. That’s the biggest volume traded since its IPO days back in October. Some resistance occurred around 29, which is the near-term target, and a secondary target is in the mid 30’s may be doable.
4. Translate Bio (NASDAQ:TBIO) has been breaking out of a base, and formed a big engulfing bar on Wednesday, advancing 2.00, or 14.6%, to 15.67, with a multi-week and session high of 15.95, on nearly a million shares traded, and an additional 24 cents higher in after-hours. I think this stock has designs on higher levels. The parallel angle channel tells me that this might be an 18-19-dollar stock.
5. Upwork (NASDAQ:UPWK), an online website for freelancers and agencies searching for employment and employees, exploded on Tuesday and followed through on Wednesday to right at the gap at resistance, jumping 1.29, or 10 1/2%, to 13.58, with a session high of 13.60, on 8.3 million shares traded, and then made a big thrust to 14 1/2 in after-hours. We’ll be watching this one on Thursday for a move that might test 15 1/2.
6. vTv Therapeutics (NASDAQ:VTVT) broke out on Tuesday and closed above the breakout point, and on Wednesday, it reached secondary resistance and blew through that, popping 63 cents, or 25%, to 3.19, with a session high of 3.31, on 2.7 million shares traded and another 10 cents higher in after-hours. My target now is 4-4 1/4. Secondary target is up around 6.
Stocks on the long side
Altimmune, Inc. (NASDAQ:ALT), Co-Diagnostics, Inc. (CODX), Creative Realities, Inc. (NASDAQ:CREX), Immune Therapeutics, Inc. (IMUN), Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (INO), Moderna, Inc. (NASDAQ:MRNA), Natural Grocers (NYSE:NGVC) by Vitamin Cottage, Inc. (NGVC), NanoViricides, Inc. (NNVC), Overstock.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:OSTK), Progyny, Inc. (PGNY), PGT Innovations, Inc. (NYSE:PGTI), Revolve Group, Inc. (NYSE:RVLV), Translate Bio, Inc. (TBIO), United Natural Foods, Inc. (NYSE:UNFI), Upwork Inc. (UPWK), VectoIQ Acquisition Corp. (VTIQ), and vTv Therapeutics Inc. (VTVT).